Detroit Custom Chassis (DC2)
Detroit Chassis has the professional capability and ample capacity to offer a wide range of services and occupies a unique position in the Class A Motor Home market.
Domestic Automotive manufacturers are drawing back from and in some cases abandoned ‘niche’ markets as their larger markets are being ravaged. This has had a profound effect on the ‘motorized’ RV industry.
Detroit Custom Chassis was formed in 2005 to explore the market between the ‘Motor-Manufacturer’ and the ‘Home-Builders’.
- A manufacturer develops and implements a ‘new and improved’ system for their highest-volume line of vehicles.
- This manufacturer uses this same system in a low-volume, incomplete vehicle, supplied to the RV industry.
- The ‘new and improved system’ has the potential to cause difficulties in the ‘Home-Builders’ processes.
- It’s impractical for the manufacturer to redesign the new and improved system to accommodate the low-volume incomplete vehicle.
- Detroit Custom Chassis works with manufacturers to identify the problem and provide support in resolution.
- Detroit Custom Chassis works with the ‘Home-Builders’ supply base and develops solutions customized for the customer.
- Detroit Custom Chassis contracts with the ‘Home-Builders’ and installs the solution prior to shipment from Detroit Chassis.